Telcon is a world leader in the field of soft magnetic cores and components – including open and closed loop Hall effect current sensors. Dedicated to customer support, the company offers technical expertise thats second to none and is committed to future growth and new product development.
Telcon was originally known as the Gutta Percha Company which then merged with Glass Elliot on April 7th 1864 forming the Telegraph Construction and Maintenance Company, and was responsible for supplying the first operating cable across the English Channel. Telcon then laid the first trans-atlantic cable consisting of 1852 miles long from July 13th to September 18th in 1866 using the famous steamship SS Great Eastern.
As the world leader in this field Telcon also laid cables across most of the major oceans and seas throughout the world over the following fifty years and also for Bell Telephone and Siemens. In 1924 Telcon Invented ‘MUMETAL®’ which has become the market standard in the field of soft magnetic nickel iron alloys.
The company now manufactures high permeability and rectangular hysterisis loop nickel iron cores for critical transformer applications. A major part of the modern business is magnetic components which use high performance soft magnetic cores for applications ranging from current measurement and sensing, to inductors and chokes for EMC applications.
Telcon headquarters are based in a modern facility in Crawley, West Sussex, England and is ideally situated in an area with excellent transport infrastructure.
There is a great deal of technical information available on our web site about our wide range of products, details of how to contact Telcon and our world wide network of agents and distributors and representatives.
150 years in business.
1845 – Gutta Perch Company
1850 – First cross channel telegraph cable
1864 – Telegraph Construction & Maintenance Company formed
1866 – First transatlantic telegraph cable installed
1924 – Invented and Patented ‘MUMETAL®’ high permeability alloy
1959 – Purchased by BICC Ltd for the cable manufacture capability
1989 – Strategic divestment of Alloys business and focus on growth of magnetic components buisiness
2006 – MBO resulting in total ownership by Management & Employees
2014 – Celebrating 150 years of Telcon in business
Shanghai HangOu Mechanical & Electrical Equipment Co., Ltd. was established in 2006, and is specializing in the import of mechanical & electrical equipment spare parts, instruments and other products and brands of worldwide. These products are widely used in metallurgy, iron and steel, petrochemicals, energy, aerospace, container terminals, automation, water conservancy, papermaking, power plant, textile, injection molding, rubber, medical treatment, food packaging and other fields. Our main product lines include: sensors, motors, switches, electronic scale, encoders, controllers, analysis meters,optical fibers, gratings,valves, warning lights, cable, towline, distributor, gearbox, relays, buffers and imported hardware. ShangHai HangOu Mechanical And Electrical Equipment Co.,Ltd
Address： Room 905, Building No.1, Guoson Centre, Lane 388, Zhongjiang Road. Shanghai, China.